The English Institute of Sport (EIS) is supporting Middlesex University London with a new scholarship that aims to address the clear underrepresentation of Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds in full-time Sport Performance Analysis (SPA) positions within professional sport.
The scholarship will include both academic and industry mentorship and upskilling opportunities to up to 10 recipients to improve their chances of gaining employment within SPA and to provide opportunities to progress on to postgraduate research.
The EIS will be providing mentoring opportunities, along with representatives from the Rugby Football Union (RFU), the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), the Football Association (FA) and Hudl.
The 10 scholarships will include:
- 20% tuition fee scholarship on the MSc in Sport Performance Analysis at Middlesex University London
- Mentorship from Senior Industry Analysts
- ISPAS accreditation
- Hudl Elite Sportscode license
Head of Performance Analysis at the EIS Julia Wells said: “We’re delighted to be working with Dr Parmar and the team at Middlesex University London on this exciting new scholarship opportunity. Careers in Performance Analysis should be open to anyone with the commitment to succeed and a passion for elite sport, so we are fully supportive of this programme which is seeking to address underrepresentation from Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds.
“Having a mentor who will listen, share insight and help problem solve in a safe and positive way is invaluable. I really can’t wait to meet them and get this new, well-needed and exciting initiative off the ground.”
Applicants must meet the following:
- Belong to the target group of this positive action scheme (Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds)
- Be eligible for UK Home Fees (British Citizen or EU Settled Status)
- Apply for and fulfil minimum entry requirements for the MSc in Sport Performance Analysis at Middlesex University (on-campus, Full-time, October 2021 Start)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply for the MSc in Sport Performance Analysis (www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/sport-performance-analysis)
- Prepare CV and Covering Letter ‘addressing why you should receive this scholarship and how it will help you to achieve your goals’
- Submit to N.Parmar@mdx.ac.uk by deadline (31 August 2021, 11:59pm BST). Shortlisted applicants will receive invitations to interview (virtually or in-person).